“A must-have for K-8 teachers and librarians!”
—School Library Journal
The Teacher’s Calendar offers you unique facts, important holidays, and major anniversaries in a handy day-by-day calendar format.
- 5,000 updated listings organized by school year, August-July
- Offers the kind of material that teachers use for transition times or break times or bulletin boards.
- Historical anniversaries, birthdays, biographies, astronomical phenomena, holidays of all major religions and nations, famous firsts, foreign and U.S. holidays, scientific and space milestones
- Resources for the class or teacher: books, websites, and more
- 50 all-new essays (“Curriculum Connections”) on how to use this material in class
- Appendices with U.S. , Canada, and Mexico at-a-glance facts; children’s book/illustration awards for the last 35 years, plus the national day of all countries.
Topics include: How to Use This Book; Welcome to The Teacher’s Calendar; Calendar of Events, Aug 1, 2011-July 31, 2012; Some Facts about the United States; Some Facts about the Presidents; Contact Information for Governors and Senators; National Days of the World 2011 and 2012; Some Facts about Mexico and Canada; Calendar Information for the Years 2011 and 2012; 2011 American Library Association Awards; Coretta Scott King Awards; Newbery Medal Winners; Caldecott Award Winners